- Loss of previously acquired speech, babbling or social skills.
- Avoidance of eye contact.
- Likes to be alone.
- Does not easily recognize other people’s feelings.
- Delayed language development.
- Persistent repetition of words or phrases (echolalia).
- Difficulty with changes in routine.
- Restricted interests.
- Repetitive behaviors (flapping, rocking, spinning, etc.)
- Unusual and intense reactions to sounds, smells, tastes, textures, lights and/or colors.
Autism Diagnostic Services
We will help guide you through the entire process of the formal diagnosis process. We currently have no wait list! Give us a call today to schedule your assessment.
We Help You Navigate the Process
In order to appropriately assess the child’s cognitive, developmental, and socials standings the following may be required:
- Medical evaluation by the child’s pediatrician.
- Clinical interview and parent questionnaire.
- ADOS-2 (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule – 2nd edition).
- Speech evaluation by a speech pathologist.
- Developmental evaluation and observation.
- Cognitive evaluation by a psychologist.
Our team can assist with this process by providing one of the key screenings, the ADOS-2. We will also walk you through the necessary steps to obtain a complete diagnostic evaluation and provide treatment options.
Jenifer Muzer is a Licensed Professional Counselor. She has a master’s degree in Counseling Psychology from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, and a bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Central Michigan University. Jenifer is a member of the American Counseling Association and Michigan Counseling Association. Her background is in Applied Behavioral Analysis, Play Therapy, Person Centered Counseling, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. She is passionate about helping individuals and families better understand themselves, and providing them with the necessary tools to help them achieve their goals.